The new 3 day course replaces the old 4 day First Aid at Work course. The course we provide is approved by the HSE and gives successful students a three year qualification to deliver first aid.
This course is ideal for
- Anyone who has been appointed as a first aider at their place of work.
- Members of the public who would like to gain a first aid qualification.
To give students the skills and confidence to administer first aid in a prompt, safe and effective manner.
- Duties and responsibilities of the first aider
- Casualty assessment and triage
- Managing the unconscious casualty
- Procedures for resuscitation
- Incident management
- Treatment of bleeding and shock
- Treatment of heart conditions
- Treatment of other illness and injuries including, diabetes, head injury, burns.Poisoning, bone injury, stroke, epilepsy, eye injury and choking.
The final assessment is on the last day and is divided into 4 parts. A 12 question multiple choice paper and 3 practical assessments, resuscitation, unconscious casualty management and incident management.
3 consecutive days, Wed-fri. 9:00-5:00
3 days over 3 weeks, sat/sun. 9:00-5:00 (depending on numbers)
Courses are held every 2 weeks at Ambuline head quarters in Oldbury, please don’t hesitate to contact us for availability.
Cost of course - £ 250 + VAT (special rates apply to groups)